The Arizona American Legion Auxiliary is dedicated to Veterans & Military, Families, Youth Development and Communities in Arizona. Our
15,000 members raise funds and contribute hundreds of thousands of hours in volunteerism each year in their community.
The Power to Effect Change
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
The vision of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military, and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace and security.
IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK !!!
DEPARTMENT OF ARIZONA CONVENTION
JUNE 24-27, 2021
The Department Convention information forms and notices are now on the department-convention-resources-and-forms page.
Hurry to register for the 101st Department Convention that will be held at The Delta Hotels by Marriott Phoenix Mesa, June 24-27, 2021!
$99.00 per night plus tax
Book your group rate for The American Legion
Please spread the word, especially to the hundreds of new members that we have this year. Veterans or Family of Veterans, if you see this and haven’t joined, it’s not too late.
Please visit your community Post and inquire about membership and they can check into your eligibility. Some of them even have need of non-veteran volunteers to serve the Veterans in their community, especially after a year like we have all had.
Convention: We realize that it’s still a bit out on the calendar but remember to book by May 26. We hope that this reminder helps get you in on our great $99.00 rate deal.
• Hospitality Rooms are not being issued this year as the rooms would not accommodate enough safe space. We are working on one joint hospitality area on property.
• The Agendas are still being built. The Legion is moving some items around to avoid overlapping so that officers and members can attend more, easily. Note; if the committee is meeting, you don’t need to be a member of that committee to attend and learn more. The committee reserves the right to go into executive session but, this is rare. If you would like to attend, a courtesy email is requested (not required,) to the committee chair.
• SPECIAL: Pending
• REMINDER: The pre-registration for members remains the same at $10.00 if you pre-register.
Registration payment at the Credentials desk will be higher. $20.00 per member if you don’t pre-register. We hope that you will pre-register. We are not trying to raise more money. It is simply more effective if you are pre-registered. Please pre-register at the $10.00 rate.
American Legion Riders: Your pre-registration covers all of your activity including the Annual Riders Meeting on Saturday. When your Post helps with your pre-registration be sure to remind them to mark the “Rider” space on the form that they use. If you are only able to come to the Saturday meeting and did not pre-register, please come early enough to obtain “at the gate” credentials from the Department registration table. Please pre-register for $10.00; it is $20.00 at the “door.”
If your chapter fills out its own form(s) for its members, or you fill it for the Post, remember that a separate form is needed for Legion, or SAL, or Auxiliary. Legion/Sons payment can be combined.
Auxiliary members need a separate check payable to ALA Department of Arizona. Other instruction is on each form including pre-registration deadlines of June 4, 2021.
• Other details are available on the page at the link above. If you have any Convention questions please send to me by email please. email@example.com If you have questions from non-members, please ask them to email; firstname.lastname@example.org so that our staff might assist.
Arizona American Legion
(602) 264-7706 Fax (602) 264-0029